|PREVENTIVE HEALTH CARE WITH FLOAT THERAPY? 15 Reasons to try this out at least once|
Preventive health care with float therapy-Floatation therapy is a truly unique experience where we lay still with no contact points, no movement, and no postural muscle action. When you’re free from gravity, your body has a chance to rest and recover up to 4 times faster than regular bed rest. This reduces blood pressure and oxygen intake, as well as, increases blood flow and distribution of red blood cells. The combined effects aid in flushing lactate, cortisone, and adrenaline that may have built up during exercise.In addition your cortisol levels drop while endorphins and dopamine secretion increases making you feel good with mood elevation. Floatation therapy also helps loosen the muscles and give athletes a greater degree of control over their nervous systems. This reduces the risk of injury, accelerates the recovery process, and releases vast quantities of endorphins. Endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller, help relieve pain from injuries, soreness or chronic pain in the muscles and joints. The release of endorphins to kill pain is a completely natural and powerful effect, working alongside natural healing and repair processes. The benefits of floatation therapy on the body include:
1)Relieve back and neck pain-The zero gravity environment that is experienced while floating, relieves built up pressures and tension on the back and neck. As they are no longer fighting the pull of gravity.
2) Relieve Joint pain – Floating in a pool of water this dense will completely support your body, allowing increased blood flow to your joints and soft tissues.
3) Regeneration of muscle tissues-While floating in a deeply relaxed state, blood circulation improves, advancing the growth and regeneration of muscle tissue.
4)Accelerate muscle recovery -As the pressure of gravity is relieved from your muscles, built up tension decreases, helping every muscle in your body relax like never before.
5) Lower blood pressure-Complete isolation of all senses while inside the pool, lowers the sensory input of sight, sound, and touch, calming the nervous system, which in turn lowers overall blood pressure levels.
6)Reduction of inflammation and swelling-The high concentration of Epsom salt (650 kg) dissolved in the float pod will draw out harmful toxins, easing swelling and inflammation.
7)Relieve migraines and headaches -Endorphins, a natural occurring chemical in the body, trigger positive emotion and pain relief. Endorphins are released while floating, providing the body with a sense of elation, critical for fighting off migraines and headaches.
8) Body cleansing and Detox-Epsom salt increases the number of digestive enzymes in the pancreas. This also strengthens the walls in the digestive track which will help release toxins.
9) Improve nerve function – Electrolytes are electronically charged minerals that balance the body’s essential fluids, and are the key components of Epsom salt. The Epsom salt boosts electrolytic regulation, which in turn enhances the function of the nervous system.
10) Soothe nervous system -Epsom salt, when absorbed through the body helps voluntary (muscle) and involuntary (heartbeat) movements.
11)Boost Magnesium levels-The National Institute of Health reports that anywhere from 68 to 80 percent of population are magnesium deficient. Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) used in floatation therapy is absorbed by the skin, elevating magnesium levels.
12) Strengthens bones -Many Americans do not have a proper balance of calcium to magnesium. Magnesium assists in balancing calcium levels in the body. A healthy 2:1 ratio will promote the strengthening of bones and help prevent osteoporosis.
13) Improve circulation -Magnesium prohibits arterial hardening. It also improves oxygen utilization. Both combined will increase blood circulation.
14) Generate proteins – Epsom salt is made of magnesium and sulfate. Sulfate is a key factor in forming proteins inside your joints. This is easily absorbed by the skin while floating. Magnesium is required for biochemical reactions your DNA and RNA need for synthesis (replication).
15) Accelerate Metabolism-Magnesium is incorporated in the metabolism processes of all nutrients, including carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
HOW DOES PREVENTIVE HEALTH CARE WORK WITH FLOAT THERAPY ?
Sensory isolation in a floatation tank is a method known for inducing deep relaxation and subsequent positive health effects for patients suffering from e.g. stress or muscle tensions pains.Floating has also been studied as a tool for enhancing well-being and preventing illness in relatively healthy people. A small pilot study from 2011 suggested floating might promote employee health and prevent the need for sick leave. And a randomized trial published in 2014 looked at floating as a preventive health care intervention and found that healthy participants reported significantly decreased depression and anxiety, along with significantly increased optimism, after floating.
More recent research has focused on using floatation tanks to help people who suffer from medical conditions. A number of studies have shown floating may be useful for people who experience chronic pain disorders. Some evidence suggests patients with generalized anxiety disorders may benefit from floating. Researchers are exploring whether floating might serve as a treatment for people suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.
Location: Koregaon Park, Pune, Maharashtra, India