World hyper tension day this year comes with a multifold relevance to our current pandemic situation. The number of cases have drastically gone up.
WORLD HYPER TENSION DAY
Today is World Hypertension Day. Often neglected as just a headache or high BP, hypertension can lead to serious health crisis if not treated properly at the right time. According to experts, hypertension affects more than 30 per cent of the adult population worldwide, which is more than one billion people around the world. World Hypertension Day is a great opportunity to do a basic check on our health status particularly amid the coronavirus pandemic and a deluge of tragic news around coming in everyday. On World Hypertension Day, here is a look at the theme and a few essenstial facts that can help raise awareness about the crucial health parameter that can prevent a crisis.
Theme of World Hypertension Day 2021
Measure Your Blood Pressure Accurately, Control It, Live Longer – is the theme of World Hypertension Day 2021. The focus of this year’s theme is to create awareness and communicate in our social networks about accurately measuring blood pressure regularly. Blood pressure is one the main risk factor for heart diseases, kidney problems and dementia. World Hypertension Day is observed on May 17th every year.
World Hypertension Day 2021: Important facts
- Many people with high blood pressure often have no symptoms, ”even if blood pressure readings reach dangerously high levels.”
- A few people ”may have headaches, shortness of breath or nosebleeds, but these signs and symptoms aren’t specific and usually don’t occur until high blood pressure has reached a severe or life-threatening stage.”
- Blood pressure should be checked ”at least every two years starting at age 18. If you’re age 40 or older, or you’re 18 to 39 with a high risk of high blood pressure, ask your doctor for a blood pressure reading every year.”
- Common risk factors include age, family history, being overweight or obese, sedentary lifestyle, smoking, using t
- oo much salt in your food, drinking too much alcohol and high levels of stress.
BLOOD PRESSURE AND HYPER TENSION
Blood pressure influences the human body in several ways. High blood pressure carries an increased risk of heart attack and several other dangerous conditions, but regulating blood pressure can be difficult. Floatation therapy has been found to reliably reduce blood pressure to healthy levels without the use of medicines or invasive medical treatments.
REST – Restricted Environment Stimulation Therapy is a concept that has existed since the 1970s, and it basically centers on the idea that limiting external stimuli encourages the body to improve its internal processes. This includes regulating blood pressure. As you float, your blood pressure naturally decreases and red blood cell distribution increases. Your blood vessels relax as you do, promoting stronger blood flow and reducing blood pressure.
Lasting Benefits of Floatation
If you’re trying to reduce your blood pressure, floatation therapy is a fantastic way to do so, and the benefits last much longer than you might expect. The magnesium in epsom salts allows blood vessels to relax as your whole body relaxes. Magnesium is an important substance for regulating several bodily functions, including sleep, but many people are deficient in magnesium and do not realize it.